Razormane vs. ASOT Top 1000 | Razormane Selects [January 2021]

This guy's boundless passion is impressive... 20 years!
================
Listen here

================
2021-01-24

From June 1st 2001 to January 21st 2021. For the past 20 years. Over 1000 weeks long. That's 1000 Episodes of A State Of Trance Radio. It is truly unprecedented. Congratulations on this incredible achievement, Armin! Last Thursday saw the man celebrate the 1000th episode by broadcasting the Final 50 of the ASOT Top 1000 on which listeners/fans could vote for their favourite ASOT tracks of all time. That official list can be found here.

Now Top 1000s like these always get the tongues wagging and not often in a positive way. As a kid who was raised with a lot of gems of the ID&T Music era and who pretty much grew up alongside Be Yourself Music and High Contrast Recordings I found the official ASOT Top 1000 to be severely lacking to say the least. So I decided to give it a "Remix" treatment by building it from the ground up, basing it on own favorites, particularly from the before mentioned labels but I also took the liberty to add some tracks that never made it to ASOT over the years but on the basis of what Armin supported in the past, they could have been a part of the show. In some parallel universe they probably are! Too many iconic episode openers from 2006-2008 were neglected so I've done my part in erecting that mistake. Sprinkle some of my favorite ever and some of the biggest Classics ever conceived and the outcome is an alternate Top 1000 which to me is an almost endless journey of awesomeness. 

Indeed, this is a highly personal list based nearly completely on my own preferences with a few exceptions (call it acknowledgement of big tracks that weren't necessarily high on my own lists). Oh, and I added Gaia - Moons Of Jupiter tracks. Partly as a tribute to the brilliance of Armin's best album since 76 and partly as an act of defiance against the masses that didn't give it the love it deserves. And I am glad to see Armin did a similar thing by playing MoJ tracks as intermezzo's for interviews and chat moments during ASOT #1000. You go, bro. MoJ is a masterpiece.

I assume my take on the ASOT Top 1000 will mostly resonate with fans of the 2005-2010 era of ASOT and in particular those that used to prefer the Proggy and Techy sounds of the show over its more conventional and stereotypical formula-uplifting. The playlist was embedded below, I'd advice to hit shuffle and let Youtube do the rest. Have fun!
================
Tracklist:

C'est une petite suprise... :v
================
That's all for now, until next time!

Reacties