Razormane Selects [Top 2019]


====================================
Listen here

====================================
2019-10-01 => 2019-12-31

Sander van Doorn claims my tune of the year in emphatic fashion having given the original funky Disco-euphoric just that slight energetic twist and edge to make it a truly unforgettable and legendary track for many years to come. 

The build-up itself has got that typical SVD grit but its the main lead and climax, followed by the drop that I heard over a 100 times throughout the summer and beyond, and each time it put a magnificent smile on my face. Everytime the beat swells behind the lead I would whistle or hum along, the dopamine levels in my blood raising alongside it. Each time I would work out to this track, this part in the song would give me wings to KILL that push-up set. If Discopolis is a city, I want to live there because this would be its "national Hymn". The purest of joy translated into the purest of dancefloor bombas. Obrigado Sander.
====================================
Razormane Top 30 2019

Eelke Kleijn - Maschine 1.0 (Extended Mix)
Tomas Barfod - Things That Matter (Jody Wisternoff & James Grant Extended Mix)
Ben Bohmer - Purple Line (Original Mix)
Eelke Kleijn - De Orde Van De Nacht (Part 2)
Bruce Loko feat. Sebee - Dimension (Original Mix)
Marcus Jakes - This Much (Original Mix)
Aatlas - Make Love (Lovejet & Bonnie Rabson Remix)
Hercules And Love Affair feat. John Grant - I Try To Talk To You (Original Mix) 
Blank & Jones with Jaons Caesar - Pura Vida (Radio Mix)
Mark Knight - Fire Burning (Original Mix)
Allende - Mosaic (Original Mix)
Joris Voorn - Antigone (Original Mix)
Eelke Kleijn - Drive (Extended Mix)
Joris Voorn - Ryo (Original Mix)
Allende - Simpler Times (Original Mix)
Johan Gielen - These Are My People (Original Mix) [2010]
Eelke Kleijn - 8 Bit Era (Original Mix)
TUNE OF THE YEAR 2019: Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis 2.0 (Sander van Doorn Extended Remix)
Marius Circus - Polaris (Ewan Pearson Remix)
Greg Gow - Lantana (Original Mix)
Gaia - Themisto (Extended Mix)
Gaia - Jupiter LXV (S2017J4) (Extended Mix)
Gaia - Euporie (Extended Mix)
Gaia - Europa (Extended Mix)
Gaia - Callisto (Extended Mix)
Marco V & Rank 1 - We Finally Met (Extended Mix)
Marco V - Avalon (Original Mix)
Marco V - Dust (Original Mix)
Daniel Wanrooy - Can't Stop The Heat (Extended Mix)
Allende - False Memory (Club Mix)
====================================
Honorable Mentions 2019

Eelke Kleijn feat. Ost - Lost Souls (Extended Mix)
Gaia - Metis
Gaia - Adrastea
Gaia - Amalthea
Gaia - Thebe
Gaia - Leda
Gaia - Himalia
Gaia - Jupiter LXXI (S2018J1)
Gaia - Io
Marcel Woods - Inside Me (Alex Ender Remix)
Marco V - Caramel (Extended Mix)
Netsky feat. Digital Farm Animals - Rio (Original Mix)
====================================
To conclude...

There you have it. 30 incredible tracks by a slew of artists I've respected and loved for nearly half my life now. Years like these prove that the Masters will always be the Masters of their Craft. Eelke, Joris, Allende and Marco: you guys blew it out of the park for me this year, it should be forbidden to have so many artists claim so many spots but their tracks just grabbed me and never let go!

The absolute highlight of the year was Armin and Benno's phenomenal Moons Of Jupiter album: They absolutely dominate the main 30 as well as the Honorable Mentions and no other artist/duo has ever done that so far. This was their year for sure in the Razor Verse! All the frustration I used to feel towards Armin's choice to take the musical path he decided to take post-Mirage has melted away. I am completely at peace having gotten to enjoy the project I KNEW he was capable of if he set his mind to it and he did it. And it warmed my heart to see him speak about it with this unshakeable pride! The show in Paradiso I will carry with me for life but to be able to relive it eight months onward... They turned a memorable summer into an unforgettable one. Though I suffered post-summer heartbreak thanks to my stupid ex, music wise MoJ kept my autumn glowing. Never in my life have I replayed an album so often in the half year since acquiring it. I suppose one of the core truths of the Van Buuren-De Goeij alliance is:

When They Want To...

Sometimes we get to have our cake and it eat it too... And in my case I got two cakes in a year hehe! Anyway, time to sign off my friends. I wish you all a happy End Of The Year and hope we'll have a massive blast in 2020! See you on the other side... :)

- Papa Razor
====================================

Reacties