Razormane Selects [Top 2012]


====================================
Listen here

====================================
2012-10-20 - 2012-12-31

I already wrote a big piece singing the praises of Rank 1's latest single 7 Instead Of 8 but let me reiterate here what this track means to me. Since last year we've lost so many heroes to this ongoing Trouse trend and though some started promising, like Jochen Miller, even he is now going for an increasingly generic form of it. 7 Instead Of 8 is the ultimate statement against this cash-grabbing nonsense. It successfully evokes emotions simply not present in Trance anymore. It feels like a modern day Universal Nation, but then built on Rank 1's penchant for maximizing the effect of simple/catchy hooks. It has a delicious heavy beat and it just dreams away. If I have to pin all my hopes for the future of the genre on one track I've heard this year, then 7 Instead Of 8 is it. They did it before with The Anthem 2003 in 2003, Opus 17 in 2005 and L.E.D. There Be Light in 2009 and they have done it yet again. My heroes deliver my undisputed Tune Of The Year 2012. \0/
====================================
Razormane Top 2012

Hans Zimmer - Time (Inception Soundtrack)
Frankie Knuckles feat. Jamie Principle - Your Love [Classic #2 of 2012]
Marshall Jefferson & On The House - Move Your Body (The House Music Anthem) [Classic #1 of 2012]
Farley 'Jackmaster' Funk - Love Can't Turn Around (Ben Liebrand House Remix) [Classic #3 of 2012]
Friendly Fires - Hurting (C2 Runway Edit Instrumental)
I:CUBE - HNT
Roberto Rodriguez - Saturn (Original Mix)
Astrid Suryanto - Distant Bar (16 Bit Lolitas Mix)
Roberto Rodriguez - Song For You (Original Mix)
Jody Wisternoff feat. Pete Josef - Just One More
Jody Wisternoff - Orinoco
Simian Mobile Disco - Your Love Ain't Fair (SMD Extended Mix)
Gill Norris - Forme (Guy J PM Mix)
Max Cooper - Solace
John 00 Fleming - The Astrophysical Nebula
Wellenrausch - Shape Of Berlin (Basil O'Glue Remix)
David Akermanis - Aura (G-Tek Remix)
Rave Channel - Illusion (Original Dub Mix)
Alex M.O.R.P.H. - Eternal Flame (Original Breaks Mix)
Solarstone - Touchstone (Orkidea Remix)
Claessen And Martens - El Dorado
Grace - Not Over Yet (Max Graham vs. Protoculture Remix)
Ali Wilson And Lee Osborne - Armagedon
Nhato - Far East Garden (Original Mix)
Pedro Delgardo vs. Reaky - Eskylator (Reaky Remix)
Nicholas Bennison - Sulfur (Light Mix)
T4L - Sensation
Menno de Jong - Never Lose The Magic 
Solarstone And Clare Stagg - The Spell (Solarstone Pure Mix)
TUNE OF THE YEAR 2012: Rank 1 - 7 Instead Of 8 (Original Mix)
====================================
Honorable Mentions 2012
- Alex Dolby - City Shark (16 Bit Lolitas Remix)
- CJ Art - Dyssomnia
- Craig Connelly - Robot Wars (Original Mix)
- Cybordelics - Adventures Of Dama
- FaFaq - 21st Century (Original Mix)
- Jody Wisternoff - 95
- Jozef Mihalik - Listen (Original Mix)
- Matt van Wyk - Cura Me
- Maxi Valvona & Matt Lange - Losing Marbles (Original Mix)
- Orkidea - Pacifique (Beetseekers Remix)
- Pryda - Allein (Original Mix)
- Rank 1 & Jochen Miller feat. Sarah Bettens - Wild And Perfect Day (Extended Mix)
- QX 1 - State Of 727 West
- Space Rockerz - Crooked Hook
- Solee - Jule (Pig & Dan Remix)
- Wiegel Meirmans Snitker - Nova Zembla (Armin van Buuren Remix)
- Vinny Troia feat. Jaidene Veda - Do For Love (Matt Lange Remix)

====================================
To conclude...

I can only conclude that 2012 was a great year in Electronic music for me. The music I bought and listened to as well as the music I've been making myself (The Anthem Part 1 being my personal highlight this year) and of course the music scene I've written about this year have all contributed to lots of fun and enjoyment. At the moment of publishing, my blog has been read over 1105 times (own pageviews not included) which is something I am very pleased with! I hope to continue to be able to deliver a monthly blogpost and I hope I can gain a total of 2000 reads by next year December! A big warm thank you to everyone (especially my ASOT Forum & Twitter buddies) that took the time to check out my rants and praise and retweet/favorite/share/like them on social media sites or forums! A personal thank you to Amos on the Anjunabeat forum, was very surprised to discover I am someone's favorite blogwriter! :D Hope I can keep you interested next year mate, thanks for sharing my November article!

I look forward to Electronic Music's 2013 with much delight! One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is revealing my finished album "The BPM Spectrum" on Soundcloud. Though I am still just an amateur, this album has been under construction for nearly two years now and features tracks in styles I absolutely love. It's the most diverse project I've ever worked on and the longest too! I sincerely hope people will like what I made and I hope the finished product won't take too long to be realized as originally the album should have been finished by August this year... Well, that's it! I hope you enjoyed the read, I most definitely enjoyed writing it! All that rests for me is to wish you all the best in health, friendship, love, family, fun and music for 2013! Be safe and enjoy the last moments of 2012! I look forward to boring/annoying/entertaining(?) you just as much as I did this year! Happy New Year kids!

-Papa Razor
====================================

Reacties